top of page


Valoree Gregory

st iggy.png

Tours are available year round and can be found at 

St. Ignatius was built in 1893 by the Sisters of Charity (now the Sisters of Providence)

The building was a hospital until 1968. It was beginning to show its age and the sisters didn't have the resources to renovate again. Roy McDonald purchased the building and in 1970 open it up as St. Ignatius Manor. This facility housed elderly and developmentally disabled adults until 2003 when it was abandoned. It sat empty for years, until the Colfax Chamber of Commerce stepped in to try and find a new owner who would save this historic building. In 2015, St. Ignatius was named the number one most endangered building in Washington State. The Chamber of Commerce started tours and ghosts hunts to try to entice someone to buy the building. The tours got the hospital on National TV shows and brought attention and the importance of saving it. In 2021, Austin and Laura Storm stepped up to purchase and save the building. The Historical Society jumped on board to assist in the preservation of this historic building. The project will eventually become a 501c3, but for now it is considered a project of the WCHS. 

bottom of page