Linda Hackbarth - Depot Coordinator
330 N Grand Ave
Hours: Saturdays 1pm to 4pm
Closed on Holidays
The Northern Pacific Railroad arrived in Pullman in 1887. The first wood depot stood on Grand Avenue just North of Whitman Street. In 1901 the Northern Pacific purchased land between Grand and Kamiaken and built a 32 by 160 foot frame depot. This was replaced in 1916 by the present brick building which opened in March 1917. The depot was remodeled one time before the passenger service was discontinued in the 1960's. In 1970 the Northern Pacific sold the building to Burlington Northern Railroad which in turn leased the building to the Department of Agriculture. In June 1988, Dan Antoni purchased the building and later acquired the land. In 2018, the Whitman County Historical Society purchased the property with the vision of preserving the past by bringing it back to life. Our goal is to get it on the historical register, save the original elements and have visitors learn the history of the importance of the railroad to our County and to Pullman.